by Viktoriya Zabigaylo
Makes: 8 cookies (3 inches in diameter)
- ½ cup ground oatmeal
- ½ cup oatmeal (not instant or quick-cooking)
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- 1/3 cup shredded coconut
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Pinch salt
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp xanthan gum
- 1 roasted banana
- 2 tbsp sunflower butter (or almond or peanut butter)
- 4 tbsp coconut sugar
- 5 tbsp agave nectar (or honey)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 flax egg (1 tsp ground chia and flax seeds + 3 tbsp water)
- 1 tbsp Earth Balance Soy-free Spread
- 1 tbsp dairy-free milk of choice
- Sunflower seeds
- Pumpkin seeds
- Dark chocolate chips
- Dried cranberries
- Sift together the dry ingredients.
- Roast a ripe banana in the oven or toaster oven for 5 mins @ 325⁰F.
- Prepare the flax egg (1 tsp ground chia and flax seeds + 3 tbsp water) in a small glass and allow it to sit for at least 5 mins until the mixture becomes gel-like.
- Once the banana is ready, add to a separate mixing bowl and mix together with the flax egg and the remaining wet ingredients. Use a hand mixer (or Magic Bullet) to blend the mixture until smooth.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients, and mix with a fork. Sift together any optional additions in desired amount.
- Line a baking pan with parchment paper (lightly oiled with coconut oil).
- Use a heaping tablespoon of the mixture to form each cookie, about 2.5-3 inches in diameter.
- Place into the oven and bake @ 375⁰F for 15-16 mins, until edges are brown.